The Parent Guild is comprised of parents whose children are enrolled in the School of Dance. All members pay yearly dues and are encouraged to serve on a committee and volunteer for at least one activity during the school year. The Guild meets monthly at the North Carolina Dance Theatre Studios in NoDa. Everyone in the School is welcome!
Mission Statement: The Parent Guild supports and encourages the programs and activities of the North Carolina Dance Theatre School of Dance through the following committees:
- Fundraising – pursues various avenues of fundraising for the School including boutique sales at NC Dance Theatre performances, consignment sales, raffle sales, specialized fundraising events, etc.
- Social Events – hosting the “My Life as a Dancer” events each year and organizing receptions for school performances and the annual Open House in mid-August.
- Community Awareness – members help to distribute posters and flyers around town to publicize upcoming events for the School and promote general awareness of classes and programs that the School offers the community.
- Enrichment Programs – provides tuition scholarships to assist students with financial need. Organizes extracurricular activities such as the Dance Extravaganza Day for students in the Early Dance Division. Helps to organize field trips to special local events.
- Nominating Committee – finds potential officers to serve on the Parent Guild Executive Committee for the coming year.
- Volunteer Committee – solicits volunteers for the various special events.
The Parent Guild is a fun and exciting organization that allows you to be a part of your child’s dance school experience in a more intimate way. Come meet parents with a common bond and interest and learn more about the beautiful world of dance!
Fore more information call 704.372.3900.